Stone County Arts Council Reminders:
- March 18- 5:30 pm – SCAC meeting
- March 18-6:30 pm – Daisha Walker’s presents “The Emilie and Marie Stapp Story.” This program was funded by the MS Humanities Council in partnership with the Stone County Arts Council and the Friends of Stone County Libraries. The two new Stapp traveling murals are hanging in the Visual Arts Center Gallery until April 8th.
- March 21-22 – Pine Hill Day – SCAC will sponsor a booth. Please sign up with Sandra Cassibry to help man the booth.
- March 26 – Arts Day at the Capitol. If you would like to attend, call Kathryn Lewis at 228-697-4505 for more information.
- March 27 -Noon at The Lightered Knot- Dianne Williams (Author and Arts Commission Cultural Arts Director) shares stories and sign her new book on MS Tall Tales. This book features two Stone County stories.
- March 27 – 6:00 pm – Top of the Hancock Bank Building (Gulfport) – Elizabeth Huffmaster Art Show Opening. This event is free.
- April 10- 6:00 pm – Cassibry and Calcote Gallery Opening- Visual Arts Center
- April 9-11 – Children’s Book Festival at USM – This event features award winning authors and illustrators. More information is available online.
- April 12: 9:00 am -2:00 pm -Silk Fabric Painting Workshop with Kelli Spacht-$60 for members and $75 for non-members…sign up by calling 601-928-6298.
- April 15: 5:30 pm – SCAC meeting
- April 15: 6:30 pm – Cross Painting Workshop with Sandra Cassibry ($30 for members and $40 for non-members). Call 601-928-6298 to register.
We do amazing work!!! Congratulations to Elizabeth Huffmaster for wining a purchase award and $500 watercolor award at the Fairhope Art Show. Congratulations also to member Marilyn Ammons for winning “Best in Show” at the Daphne Arts Show sponsored by the Mobile Watercolor Society.